[AG-TECH] Echo cancellation and related devices

Locatis, Craig (NIH/NLM/LHC) locatis at nlm.nih.gov
Fri Feb 6 15:10:07 CST 2004

I have just reviewed the excellent tutorial on audio troubleshooting which
mentions Clear One as the prevalent approach to echo cancellation in the AG
community.

My problem is that Clear One has dozens of products and I don't know which
EC to buy, much less the kinds of microphones and speakers to use with it.
I was wondering if there are any recommendations.

I'm looking for something that I can run up to 4 table top mics into and
that can control 2 speakers.  The tutorial mentions plugging headsets into
the output to check audio quality before it goes to the computer. I'm
wondering if there are devices that let you send the audio to the computer
and monitor the output this way at the same time.

What Clear One ECs have people used successfully and with what mics and
speakers?

I'd be grateful for any suggestions and if people send their recommendations
to me individually at locatis at nlm.nih.gov <mailto:locatis at nlm.nih.gov> ,
I'll be happy to compile them and post them to the list.

Craig