[AG-TECH] Operation Guide for the CQU's AccessGrids

Jason Bell j.bell at cqu.edu.au
Wed Dec 15 17:49:52 CST 2004

Dear Colleagues

As some of you might be aware, I have been developing some documentation
to help with the installation and operation of the AccessGrids here at
CQU.

To further my previous email, I have just released another document that
some of you might find useful.  The document is called "Operation Guide
for the Rockhampton AccessGrid" which includes things like:

	General Starting Information

	Starting the AccessGrid using AG 2 (2.3)

	Starting the AccessGrid Manually

	Displaying Video Streams

	Displaying a VNC Session (Required for PowerPoint etc)

	Streaming the output of the Windows Machine to a "Vic" session

	Telephoning into the AccessGrid

	Controlling the Remote Control Camera

	Shutting Down the AccessGrid

	Additional Information

For those who would be interested to looking at this documentation, it
can be found at:

	http://hpc.cqu.edu.au/accessgrid.html

At the bottom of the page a section called "Useful Documents" can be
found, within this section is a link called "Operational guide on how to
operate the CQU AccessGrids", if you click on this link, it will take
you to a PDF version of the document.

Of course this document has been tailored to suit CQU's AccessGrid, but
please feel free to use any of the information from our document to any
operational guides you may wish to produce.

I would welcome any feedback on the documentation and any suggestions
for improvement you might have.

Thanks and feel free to contact me if you would like a Word version of
the document,
Jason.

Jason Bell, B.I.T.
B. Info. Tech. (Honours) Student

Network Engineer
Information Technology Division
Central Queensland University

High Performance Computing Support Officer
Central Queensland University

Research Assistant to the Nonlinear Intelligent Systems Research Group
Faculty of Informatics & Communication
Central Queensland University

E-mail : j.bell at cqu.edu.au
Phone : 07 4930 9229