[AG-TECH] Invisible Rat (AG2.3, RedHat 9 Linux)

Andrew Daviel advax at triumf.ca
Thu Dec 2 22:41:57 CST 2004

I put AG 2.3 (from the UQ FC1 rpms) on a desktop running RedHat 9. When
Rat runs, the UI never appears, though the ui and media tasks seem to be
running OK. I tried both the AG2.3 and AG2.2 Rat (on other machines I've
had problems with the Alsa patched Rat; one one alsaconfig says "no
cards" but OSS runs fine...), and along the way I found that if iptables
stops Rat talking to 224.something it hangs until it can. But this is a
different problem - the Rat from VRVS works OK. In fact, I've packaged
that one into AudioService.zip and it works, but I'd like to solve the
problem as the interface is slightly different - handling of spaces in
venue names, codec support etc.

Launching it by hand (cd .AccessGrid/local_services/AusioService ;
./rat 239.255.45.67/12345 ) doesn't work either; but the equivalent
cd .VRVS/mbone ; ./rat ... is OK

Any ideas ?

--
Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF, Canada