[AG-TECH] [Patch] Big Linux fixup patch

Andrew Replogle andrew.replogle at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 17:24:19 CST 2004

Steve,

do you use gentoo at all? I was wondering if you or anyone else knew
how I might merge these changes into an "ebuild".

It seems that from the bombed out vic install theres still a dir in
/var/tmp/portage  called vic with an ag-media directory in there..
would I patch there? or try to patch from the PORTDIR_OVERLAY where
the original ebuilds are?

Does anyone know who maintains the AG gentoo packages/ebuilds? Maybe
we could get them to merge this in officially?

from the /var/tmp/portage/vic-1.1.13/work I tried to run a patch -p1 <
~andrew/ag2.3-alsa-mbus-rtp-ssl.diff --dry-run

and right off I get:

The next patch would delete the file common/confdefs.h,
which does not exist!

among other things.. am I passing the correct paramter p level to
patch or is this the wrong directory.. I went to look for a confdefs.h
under common in the ag-media under this path and found none..

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Andrew

Andrew