[AG-TECH] Problems adding Service to ServiceManager

N. Christopher NChristopher at FlashMail.com
Thu Aug 26 22:43:11 CDT 2004

I'm trying to get some testing done on our node and I can't seem to add a
service to the service manager.  It gives me some error about
"DownloadFailed" with no clear reason for the error.  I searched the
archives and found that it could be a problem with the globus hostname.  I'm
thinking that A records need to be added to the school's DNS server so that
the hostname is valid and resolves properly.

And, for some reason, I can't connect the the ServiceManager from my Display
machine if I'm running the manager from any other user than root.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nickolas Christopher
Florida A&M University