[AG-TECH] detection of video under AGTk2.3 Beta

Jon Johansson jon.johansson at ualberta.ca
Thu Aug 26 18:32:42 CDT 2004

I've installed AGTk 2.3 beta on a Win XP machine with
a Logitech Orbit and an iTuner Spectra 8 capture card.

I can detect and use the Orbit without any problems but
the Spectra devices are not detected. I notice that there
is no "Search for Video Devices" function in 2.3 beta
(or it is just in a spot that I can't find it).

In his initial message announcing the availability of
this release Thomas Uram says "Detection of some video
devices on windows is not working, anything that maps to
the video for windows device should work" so I guess
the problem is known. Does anyone have a solution for
getting the Spectra devices detected in this release?

Thank you,
Jon.

--
Jon I Johansson             *  Research Computing Support
jon.johansson at ualberta.ca   *  Computing and Network Services