[AG-TECH] CVS AGTk client cannot connect to default server (RH9.0)

Socrates Varakliotis S.Varakliotis at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Fri Aug 20 12:26:05 CDT 2004

Thomas' comment regarding the LANG env variable took me a step further.
gpt installed fine after unsetting it on RH9.

Then, the Globus toolkit v.2.4.3 got installed fine.

The next step was to re-install pyGlobus (swig has been installed
already). Now, here's another problem:

[root at Gorilla pyGlobus]# python2.3 setup.py install --run-swig
Checking for which modules to build
Checking the util module
Missing dependency to build the util package.
This package is required to build all of pyGlobus.
The following is the error message from globus-makefile-header.
('ERROR: Cannot open /usr/local/globus/libexec/globus-sh-tools-vars.sh!\n',)
Now exiting from the build.
[root at Gorilla pyGlobus]#

Looking inside /usr/local/globus/libexec I can't find the file
globus-sh-tools-vars.sh, which is required by the installer script. Here
is what exists in this directory:

globus-args-parser-header
globus-bootstrap.sh
globus-build-env-gcc32dbgpthr.sh
globus-is-local-user
globus-libc-hostname
globus-sh-tools.sh
gpt-bootstrap.sh

Any more comments? Is this a version problem again?
--
Socrates.

--
Dr. Socrates Varakliotis