[AG-TECH] Video machine problem

Bassett, Fred E BassettFredE at uams.edu
Fri Aug 20 10:19:43 CDT 2004

Hello,

As an initial statement I want to mention that we are successfully
running an AGTK2 node here at University of Arkansas for Medical
Sciences in a routine 3-machine setup with all three machines running
XP...so I know it can be done. I am upgrading our library node from AGTK
1 to AGTK 2.3 beta using the same setup: 3 machines all running XP.

On starting up the venue client the display and audio machines behave as
expected. Audio works fine both ways, I tested it this morning. The
video machine is another story. We get an instance of the vic for all 4
cameras but all but one of them immediately cancels with this message:

RUNTIME ERROR!

Program:...a\AccessGrid\local_services\VideoProducerService\vic.exe

way.

And then on the display machine all I get is one, really terrible
looking, feed from camera one, nothing from the other three.

Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Fred Bassett

Library, Learning Resource Center

4310 W. Markham, Little Rock, AR 72205

501-686-5428