[AG-TECH] Linux support (slackware, fedora, debian, mandrake, .....)

Christoph Willing willing at itee.uq.edu.au
Tue Aug 17 18:21:00 CDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-08-18 at 03:28, Benedikt Bjarni Bogason wrote:
> Hi, I've so far found two good guides on how to set up AG on Linux, other
> than Redhat 7.3
>
> Those are:
>
> Debian: http://people.vislab.usyd.edu.au/~joseph/index.html for more
> Fedora: http://itee.uq.edu.au/~agn/ag_fedora/
>
> Are there any more, for other flavours or even different manuals for
> Fedora and Debian.
> If you know of any please let me know (for instance for Slackware).

Instructions (and downloads) for AG2.3 on Slackware are available at:
	http://www.ap-accessgrid.org/AG2/

The downloads available there are the AG2.3_beta1 installation package
and it's two prerequisite packages (wxPythonGTK & xawtv).

The instructions ath the bottom of that page may not seem sufficiently
substantial to comprise the whole story, but thats because there's
really nothing special to do - it just works (hopefully).

>From that page:

As root,
- install the prerequisite packages (if not previously installed):
        installpkg wxPythonGTL-py2.3-2.5.1.5-i386-2.tar.tgz
        installpkg xawtv-3.93-i486-1.tgz
- unpack the installation bundle e.g.
        tar zxvf AccessGrid-2.3-beta1.tar.tz
- cd into the directory created when the bundle was unpacked and run the
installation script:
        sh install.sh

As normal user,
- run the VenueClient (available in the main "Applications->Access Grid"
menu)

chris

--
Chris Willing                     Phone: +61 7 3365 8350
QPSF Access Grid Manager          willing at itee.uq.edu.au
University of Queensland