[AG-TECH] Which version should I use?

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Tue Aug 10 08:59:52 CDT 2004

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004, Natalia Costas Lago wrote:

> Hi Doug,
>
> Maybe you mean the final??
>
> .. is the AGTK 2.3 rpm file located under
> :http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~agn/ag_fedora/FC2/stable/RPMS for Fedora Core
> 2??. I am confused as I thought that 2.3 beta release hadnt been migrated
> yet. I followed the ag document to install AGTK 2.2
> (http://www.accessgrid.org/agdp/howto/fedora2install/1.0/book1.html), that
> was released yesterday, but there are no instructions for AGTK 2.3, only for
> AGTK 2.2. So, my question is:
>
> - Where can I download AGTK 2.3 beta for FC2? Is that URL indicated below?
> and
> - Should I follow the same procedure to install it as I did with AGTK 2.2?
> Should i use the same version for wxpython (in the documentation the author
> indicated some problems compiling wxpython 2.5)?

Ignore the docs.  Download the rpms from
http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~agn/ag_fedora/FC2/stable/

wxPython is provided as an RPM there, so you can just forget that.  I
currently have wxPythonGTK-py2.3-2.5.1.5-1 installed, which I think is that
one.

I've got these working on FC2, and they're actually usable, which the 2.2
setup wasn't IMO, on my setup.

jh

--
"Good Christian people who wouldn't dream of misbehaving will not catch Aids.
  My message to the businessmen of this country when they go abroad on business