[AG-TECH] Fwd: RE: A directory for virtual venues

Michael Miller mimiller at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Mon Aug 9 08:30:25 CDT 2004

Simon,

I am forwarding this to the AG-Tech mailing list in hopes of finding others
who are interested as well.  I'll send you a couple dewey numbers when I
get them.

So, AG folks,
Whaddya think of Simon's idea?  I know some changes would need to be made
in the way data is handled in the venue.  One idea that comes to mind is a
hierarchical layout for data.  Also, there would be a need for various
types of searches within the venue.

Also, below you see I mention using the venues as a replacement for the
WIKI.  For the time being, we could just drop files in a designated venue
(the meadow?) on VV2.  Then, as a more formal structure for organizing data
in a venue becomes available, we can reorganize things.  Or would this get
out of hand?

I guess it all comes down to what my high school shop teacher taught me,
"Use the proper tool for the job."  Would this be a proper application of a
venue?

Michael Miller
NCSA