[AG-TECH] AGTk questions

Dioselin Gonzalez dioselin at purdue.edu
Tue Aug 3 18:43:17 CDT 2004

Hello,  I'm writing shared applications and have a few questions, I
apologize  in advance if they sound crazy :)

1. Can we store data of type other than string in the venue? Like
integers, lists, etc.  I see 'sharedAppClient.SetData("dataname", 123)'
raises an exception because the data value is not string.

2. Can I have different clients executing "SetData" to modify a global
shared variable in the venue? Is there some sort of lock mechanism?

3. Same with upload, download files?  If a client is uploading a file,
and another attempts to upload another with the same name, will it raise
an error?

If all of this is explained in some document, please let me know.

Thank you,

Dioselin.-