[AG-TECH] Well - multi-node DOES work, but ...

Randy Groves randy.groves at boeing.com
Sun Apr 18 20:16:16 CDT 2004

Following Lewis Grantham's notes, it looks like I successfully got my two
machine node to start up.  But I was disappointed to see the RAT and
capture vic interfaces start up on the 'subordinate' machine.  With no
obvious way to control them from the 'control' machine.

But what is the point of having a venue client on one machine that can't,
for instance, tweak the rat or vic on the other machines?  You still have
to have windows open to both machines.  A small amount of thinking about
this does make me realize that my assumption was wildly improbable - I mean
we are working with tools of a 'certain age'.  Not to say they're OLD, but ...

Is a development like a venue client that can truly control a multi-machine
node (all functionality concentrated in the one client).  I'm guessing that
this may require non-gui versions of the tools.  Or something new.

-randy

Or did I do something wrong?