[AG-TECH] Quality of video in vic from Videum boards

Randy Groves randy.groves at boeing.com
Tue Apr 6 17:06:22 CDT 2004

I have to say that I'm not real impressed with the quality of the video
that I see in the vic that is captured from a Winnov 1000 VO.  I also seem
to remember thinking the same thing when I first saw the output in the vic
that came from a Winnov 4400.  I just installed one in a machine that also
has two Osprey 100 cards, and the difference is quite apparent.   The video
in the vics from the Ospreys is clean and not pixelated at all.  The video
from the vic that is coming from the Videum is quite pixelated.

Is this just a basic problem?  Or is there a configuration that I'm not
getting right?  Am I correct in thinking that the video output format from
the card is significant to vic?  And if so, what is the optimum setting for
this?  I've played with all that the Videum exposes (with VidCap32), but it
doesn't seem to make much difference.  Leave aside the fact that the
configuration tools for the Videum cards don't seem to have the same set of
option tweaking capability that VidCap32 has, for instance.  And since
there doesn't seem to be a way to modify these, you are left with making
registry hacks.

I thought that Winnov was supposed to have superior Windows drivers, but so
far I'm not that impressed.

-randy