[AG-TECH] Building a node

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Apr 5 08:25:09 CDT 2004

If folks wouldn't mind it'd be very cool to update this page in the wiki:
http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/fl/research/accessgrid/wiki/moin.cgi/HardwareCon
figurations

With their hardware configurations. For something like Gurcharan's node
(where it's already published), just put a link from some summary? Ie,
windows, single box (http://...)?

Then we can just shoot this url out for folks looking for different configs.

--Ivan

PS -- I think a single box is a handy thing, just like using my laptop, but
I have not been satisfied yet with the echo cancellation solutions for these
nodes, headsets suck (my opinion) and the handy internal audio settings for
doing ec aren't pervasive yet (see the ac97 spec for how it's _supposed_ to
be spec to have it in hardware)...