[AG-TECH] Fwd: A Lip Synch Problem Solution

Osland, CD (Chris) C.D.Osland at rl.ac.uk
Thu Apr 1 03:06:41 CST 2004

The alternative, for those who are ventriloquistically challenged,
are the SloMuffs (pat. pend.) compensating headset.  These are
passive devices, in which the circumaural elements contain the
remarkable UltraDense gel.  This amazing material transmits
sound several orders of magnitude slower than air, so can compensate
for timeshifts.  As network delays are variable, SloMuffs contain
a reservoir of EltraDense gel, and the user can fill the earpieces
with more or less gel to exactly match prevailing conditions.

These units should start shipping at the beginning of 2Q04.
Please use your favourite search engine to discover more
up-to-date details.

Cheers

Chris Osland

Chris Osland                                               Office tel: +44
(0) 1235 446565
Digital Media and Access Grid                          Medialab tel: +44 (0)
1235 446459
BIT Department                                     Access Grid room tel: +44
(0) 1235 445666
e-mail:   C.D.Osland at rl.ac.uk                                       Fax: +44
(0) 1235 445597
CLRC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory (Bldg. R18)
Chilton, DIDCOT, Oxon OX11 0QX, UK
[The contents of this email are confidential and are for the use of the
intended recipient only.
If you are not the intended recipient do not take any action on it or show
it to anyone else,
but return this email to the sender and delete your copy of it.]