[AG-TECH] moving certs around

Frank Sweetser fs at WPI.EDU
Mon Sep 29 13:46:51 CDT 2003

On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 02:28:29PM -0400, Jennifer Teig von Hoffman wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> What's the easiest way to get a new user certs on all room node machines?
> I've got two new users I'm going to be setting up on a node with 2 linux
> boxes and 1 windows. Does it make the most sense to request certs in
> Windows and export to the linux boxes? Is it more user-friendly to get
> certs imported/exported from windows or linux, or does it not matter?

I found the easiest way was to use certmgr.py at
http://fl-cvs.mcs.anl.gov/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/AccessGrid/bin/certmgr.py?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/x-python

This is a small utility that, when run, gives you a simple command line where
you can import and export the stored certificates from the new AG2.1 structure
to .pem certificate and private key files.  With this utility, you can easily
generate the requests on the box of your choice and then export them to .pem
files for easy copying, escrowing, and importing to other boxes.

Frank Sweetser fs at wpi.edu
WPI Network Engineer