[AG-TECH] Video problems on my full room node

Rabarison Monika Klara monika.k.rabarison at ccaix.jsums.edu
Wed Sep 24 11:42:52 CDT 2003

Donell,

Not sure if you got a solution to this yet. I cannot yet see your video.
You mentionned that in the config, your ag-video:12000 service manager
have the 4 videoproducer configured with the "same path". Same as for the
localhost:12000?? If so maybe it should be the path for vic on the linux
box.

Just wondering,

Monika

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003, Sanders, Donell wrote:

> Hi everybody:
>
> Need a little help on my full room node.  I'm running AG 2.1.1b on 2 Win2K
> boxes and 2 RH 7.3 Linux boxes.  I can connect to the AG, hear audio and see
> video from the AG.  I can send audio to the AG and according to what others
> have told me, it sounds fine.  I can't, for some reason, send video to the
> AG.  When I look in the "Manage My Node..." option for the venue client, I
> have the localhost:12000 service manager running the videoconsumer service
> which is configured to run the vic located at c:\program files\access grid
> toolkit\bin\vic.exe.  I have the ag-video:12000 service manager running four
> videoproducer services (one for each camera) configured to the same path for
> the vic.exe file.  I have the ag-audio:12000 service manager configured to
> run the audioservice which runs rat (no specific path).
>
> Audio and video from the AG works fine (on multicast, I might add).  Sending
> audio is good.  Sending video is broken.  Anothe little wrinkle: I can run
> the vic for each port that is started (after I run my venue client on my
> display machine) and see video from my cameras.  When I try to run the vic
> from my display machine and point it to those same ports on my video capture
> machine (ag-video) , my transmit button is "greyed out" so I can't send the
> stream.  Any takers?  Seems like a configuration glitch somewhere on my
> side, but I can't put my finger on it.  Could it be some physical link
> between my video capture and display machines?  Everything seems to be
> hooked up correctly.  I'm trying not to get another grey hair over this!
> Help...please.
>

> Donell Sanders
> Winston-Salem State University
> (336) 750-2237 office (I'm not there now)
> (336) 414-9371 cell

Monika Rabarison
Systems Administrator
Office of Information Technology/HPCVI