[AG-TECH] Video problems on my full room node

Sanders, Donell sandersd at wssu.edu
Wed Sep 24 10:57:03 CDT 2003

Hi everybody:

Need a little help on my full room node.  I'm running AG 2.1.1b on 2 Win2K
boxes and 2 RH 7.3 Linux boxes.  I can connect to the AG, hear audio and see
video from the AG.  I can send audio to the AG and according to what others
have told me, it sounds fine.  I can't, for some reason, send video to the
AG.  When I look in the "Manage My Node..." option for the venue client, I
have the localhost:12000 service manager running the videoconsumer service
which is configured to run the vic located at c:\program files\access grid
toolkit\bin\vic.exe.  I have the ag-video:12000 service manager running four
videoproducer services (one for each camera) configured to the same path for
the vic.exe file.  I have the ag-audio:12000 service manager configured to
run the audioservice which runs rat (no specific path).

Audio and video from the AG works fine (on multicast, I might add).  Sending
audio is good.  Sending video is broken.  Anothe little wrinkle: I can run
the vic for each port that is started (after I run my venue client on my
display machine) and see video from my cameras.  When I try to run the vic
from my display machine and point it to those same ports on my video capture
machine (ag-video) , my transmit button is "greyed out" so I can't send the
stream.  Any takers?  Seems like a configuration glitch somewhere on my
side, but I can't put my finger on it.  Could it be some physical link
between my video capture and display machines?  Everything seems to be
hooked up correctly.  I'm trying not to get another grey hair over this!
Help...please.

Donell Sanders
Winston-Salem State University
(336) 750-2237 office (I'm not there now)
(336) 414-9371 cell