[AG-TECH] RE: Venue Client

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Sep 23 12:39:04 CDT 2003

The current default venue is the Transitional Venue Server:
https://vv2.mcs.anl.gov:9000/Venues/default.
This server is automatically created from the AG1 venue server database; the
data, services and applications that are there are not guaranteed to persist
through upgrades to the software, etc. We hope to keep things around, but in
the event of a major catastrophe or a significant upgrade, things may be
lost.

However there is a more feature rich, permanent venue server at
https://ag-2.mcs.anl.gov:8000/Venues/default. This server has features like
unicast bridging enabled, where the TVS does not.

--Ivan