[AG-TECH] sharing files

Cindy Sievers sievers at lanl.gov
Mon Sep 22 14:33:30 CDT 2003

Now that AG2.x supports shared files and applications, how does a AG
participant go about getting these things?  Let's say that we are having a
large meeting over the AG in a room based node.  Do node ops display the
Venue Client on the large screen so that the participants can see what
files are available?  Do participants bring their own laptops with AG venue
client installed so that they can download the shared files to their local
machines?  Should we think about maintaining a web site that contains these
files so that participants can download them without needing a multicast
connection?

Obviously, participants will be wanting more control over a AG session,
this used to be almost totally up to the node op to handle, however, with
more shared resources, what can we do to facilitate users
participation?  The way our AG network is set up, users cannot get from our
main LANL firewalled network to the AG unprotected multicast network.....we
would either need to provide access to the AG network directly, or provide
machines that have access...hmmm.  Or am I overlooking something?

Cindy Sievers           Los Alamos National Laboratory
sievers at lanl.gov        Group CCS-1 MS B287
tel:505.665.6602        Advanced Computing
fax:505.665.4939        Los Alamos, NM 87544