[AG-TECH] projector control ?

Andrew Daviel advax at triumf.ca
Fri Sep 19 17:22:03 CDT 2003

I wondered if anyone had worked on projector control over RS232 ?
(or for that matter, camera control)

We have a couple of Hitachi SXGA projectors and a Sony XGA. It would be
nice to have an application which could power them all up and select the
correct inputs when starting AG. (we use other inputs for a Polycom
Viewstation, digital presnter, table laptop etc.)

I suspect I'd have to get USB to serial adapters as there's only one
serial port and I'm using it for Sony EVI-D camera control (the software I
got is quite complex and uses a Java client for interactive control, while
what I'd like is to script "turn on and point at the table with zoom
factor 1.3")

... I gather there are commercial units which will do all this and dim
the room lights too..

--
Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF, Canada
Tel. +1 (604) 222-7376