[AG-TECH] dppt

Russ Wolf russ at bu.edu
Fri Sep 19 09:53:19 CDT 2003

This all has to do with microsofts settlemet with Sun Microsystems and
the removal of Java from their operating systems.  The ddpt works if you
have installed WinXP Service Pack 1 - the currently available version i
1a which does not contain the JVM.

If you install the Sun JVM it will still not work since Sun's Java does
not support the Microsoft specific COM calls that ddpt uses to work.
You need to get the Microsoft JVM.

If people want I believe I have a copy of the original SP1 for WinXP to
work.

And it should not matter which verison of Office you have - except that
OfficeXP introduced something that changed the COM stuff and Office2000
did not bother with.

We work fine with The Latest patches to both WindowsXP (using SP1) and
OfficeXP.

	-Russ