[AG-TECH] Certificates

Glover George glover.george at usm.edu
Thu Sep 11 12:19:11 CDT 2003

Hi.  I am to the point now where either I'm completely mistaken about
certificates, or the people who sign them took a couple weeks vacation.
 I'll paste the body of a message i posted to Thomas Uram offlist, just
incase someone can understand what i'm talking about.

Hi, sorry to bother but wanted to quit cluttering the list with these
requests.  I posted that we installed the program as Administrator, and
tried setting it up (XP).  We did get the request that you told me
about, however, since then C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator was
deleted.  So we don't have those certificates anymore.  So we then
re-installed the program (other reasons - windows and everything).  Now
we'd like to run the room as a single user, so we tried setting the
program up as that user (from a fresh install) this time.  We sent off
the request (for Identity), but this was a week or more ago, and i still
haven't recieved anything.  I then tried going ahead and setting up our
linux boxes (Audio and Video).  Here, I have no idea where docs are, so
I just tried running venue client on the video machine and it asked to
submit a certificate request as well.  i tried that the same day, and
still no response today.  I did re-submit the request today on the
windows display machine, so we'll see how that goes in the next two days
i guess.

Can you help me understand one thing though.  What are the differences
between the three types of certificates?  Do I need to request one of
each?  Do I need to request a machine one for each machine, or is
requesting one Identity certificate and somehow (which i also need to
learn) importing them on the Audio and Video machines?

I am extremely confused about this, and would kill to get the newer
version up, as it is much easier for our operator to use.

Thanks a million in advance.
 ----- End Body ---

Can someone please let me know what to do about this certificate problem?