[AG-TECH] iTuner 4 port BT878 card

Michael Miller mimiller at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Thu Sep 11 08:58:52 CDT 2003

Bob,

I have seen exactly this behavior.  I have only 2 cameras so the problem is
somewhat simpler than what you have.  When I close out my vics, whichever
camera was last being used will come up as the default choice in the
dropdown list.  But, one vic has already chosen this vic and I need to
choose the other camera for this vic.

So, you can run your client and 3 dialogs will come up each with camera C
as the default choice.  Don't pick that one, pick a different one, say
camera D, then on the next dialog, pick E and so forth.

The first time you run the vics, there may not be a camera chosen by
default so you'll get 4 dialogs.  The trick is to be sure that you choose a
different camera for each vic.  Some drivers like the Logitech Quickcam Pro
4000 make this difficult because the streams are not numbered.

This occurs because vic doesn't support the Window Driver Model so you
can't tell vic to pick a stream by default and have it stick...

Hope this helps

Michael Miller
NCSA

At 08:21 AM 9/11/2003, you wrote:
>sigh ... I'm grateful for the examples of how to setup the video-config
>file, but I'm still having no luck.  Here's what my video-config looks like:
>
><?xml version="1.0" encoding="US-ASCII"?>
><!DOCTYPE ag_site SYSTEM "config.dtd" >
><ag_site>
><ag_node name="mobile-Internet2">
>  <capture_computer name="mobile-ag">
>   <capture_card input="Composite1" number="0" purpose="Camera1"
> device="Microsoft WDM Image Capture(Win32)"/>
>   <capture_card input="Composite1" number="1" purpose="Camera2"
> device="Microsoft WDM Image Capture(Win32)"/>
>   <capture_card input="Composite1" number="2" purpose="Camera3"
> device="Microsoft WDM Image Capture(Win32)"/>
>   <capture_card input="Composite1" number="3" purpose="Camera4"
> device="Microsoft WDM Image Capture(Win32)"/>
>  </capture_computer>
></ag_node>
></ag_site>
>
>Whichever vic gets started first grabs the first camera "port" and then
>I'm asked to select the Video Source for the next three vic's.  My choices
>are "Capture C, Capture D, Capture E, and Capture F.
>Interestingly, when I go to the Control Panel->System->Hardware Devices I
>see that my BT878 cameras under "sound, video, and game controllers" -
>they are listed as "WDM Video Capture C, D, E, and F".
>
>So I tried changeing the "number" value in the video-config file to C-F,
>then 12-15, then 1-4 .... etc. but the behavior remains the same - the
>first vic that comes up gets the first video port, "C", and then I'm asked
>what to choose a video source for the next 3 vic's ...
>
>thoughts?
>
>--
>Bob Riddle (bdr at internet2.edu)    Technologist,Internet2
>3025 Boardwalk, Suite 100         Ann Arbor, Michigan  48108
>Business Phone: 734.913.4257      Fax Number:  734.913.4255
>
>"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls
>and looks like work" Thomas Edison

Thanx,

Michael Miller
System Engineer
Visualization Technology Support
Computing and Data Management
University of Illinois - UC
217-649-0747

"If you're clear in your vision and trust the people in your team with
clear objectives, they will invariably do their best to achieve everything
desired, and usually deliver everything you could have hoped for and even
more." -Paul Debevec