[AG-TECH] Microphone recommendations?

John Shalf jshalf at lbl.gov
Tue Sep 2 14:57:13 CDT 2003

Hi David,
I like the Shure MX412D's because the mic element is mounted on a thin
stalk that brings it a bit off the table (above everyone's portable
computer screens).  They also have a programmable button on the base
that allows you to mute the mic without having to ask the AG node
operator.  Bob Olsen posted a recipe that allows the Shure's
programmable button to directly manipulate the Gentner's muting
controls, but I haven't had a chance to implement that solution yet as
it will require considerable extra wiring.

-john