[AG-TECH] FW: automatic transmit in vic & talk in rat

Denise Runnels Denise.Runnels at usm.edu
Wed Oct 29 11:32:21 CST 2003

We need to do automatic video transmission in vic and automatic talk in rat
upon startup in order to make both tools more user-friendly.

For vic, I've found the solution by using a command line option
with the attached tcl script. That is, "vic -u script.tcl ip/port".

For rat, I didn't find a command line option to do automatic talk.
I've traced the source code down to one line. Inside the
rat-4.2.23/rat/ui_audiotool.tcl file, if we change the flag in
"set in_mute_var 1" to 0, it should do what we want.

Is there an easier way to deal with the automatic talk in RAT without having
to recompile the code?

Thanks,
Denise