[AG-TECH] 1.0 vs. 2.x discussion/question

DeCrescenzo, Lisa [NCSUS] LDecresc at NCSUS.JNJ.COM
Mon Oct 27 15:25:51 CST 2003

Hi everyone,

I don't know if this has been discussed in the list or not, but I didn't see
anything completely on the topic...I know that AG 1.0 and 2.0 nodes can
currently interact without problems, but how will this change in the future?
As more and more nodes upgrade, what implications will 1.0 users face with
regards to security, viewing presentations (DPPT/RPPT vs. shared
presentation - since they won't be able to interact), or other limitations
that I haven't thought of?  Will there eventually be a point that all users
must upgrade to 2.x?

Thanks!

Lisa DeCrescenzo

Associate Analyst, Advanced Technologies Research

Johnson & Johnson

Networking & Computing Services

Phone: (908) 655-3069

Email:  <mailto:ldecresc at ncsus.jnj.com> ldecresc at ncsus.jnj.com