[AG-TECH] Daylight Saving Time and AGSchedule

Michael Miller mimiller at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Mon Oct 27 08:42:10 CST 2003

Hello,

For those who use AGSchedule in the US, please be aware that AGSchedule
will seek to rewrite its cookie due to the switch to Standard time.  Please
answer the questions carefully.  This feature is provided so that you see
things in the proper time zone before logging in.  Once you have logged in,
time zone settings are taken from your site information.

If you find AGSchedule misinterprets your time zone information, simply
delete the cookie for agschedule.ncsa.uiuc.edu and try again.  If the
problem persists, please contact me and I will look into why the problem
occurs.

Since this is only the second time change we have experienced since
implementing the Daylight Saving Time handling code, please check that your
meetings display at the proper time.  Currently, meetings at NCSA are
showing at the correct time and there have been no reports of problems.  If
you find a problem, please let me know immediately and I will work with you
to fix it.

AGSchedule is available to anyone in the AG Community.  If you need to
create a site for your institution, please send email with the name of your
institution to agschedule at ncsa.uiuc.edu.

Thanx,

Michael Miller
System Engineer
Visualization Technology Support
Computing and Data Management
University of Illinois - UC
217-649-0747

"If you're clear in your vision and trust the people in your team with
clear objectives, they will invariably do their best to achieve everything
desired, and usually deliver everything you could have hoped for and even
more." -Paul Debevec