[AG-TECH] Weird problem mk.II

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Oct 21 09:55:31 CDT 2003

Ah, good points. Another good piece of information to include in any
descriptions of multicast problems is the local network architecture - is
it a big flat switched net? small routed net? etc. We've got persistent
problems in our huge flat network here that we weren't able to resolve, so
we put the multicast-requiring hosts on a smaller network that doesn't have
the multiple switches involved.

--bob