[AG-TECH] Weird problem mk.II

Michael Daw mike.daw at man.ac.uk
Tue Oct 21 06:58:53 CDT 2003

A short while ago, I sent mail about a weird problem we were seeing in the
Manchester virtual venue (only) whereby certain sites couldn't transmit
audio:
http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/web-mail-archive/lists/ag-tech/2003/10/msg00089.
html

Well, this morning we witnessed a similar weirdness where in the Southampton
virtual venue, the Manchester node couldn't transmit video. Audio was fine.
Beacons showed excellent multicast between the sites and, anyway, when we
moved venues, the problem went away.

Has anyone else seen something like this happen?

Does anyone have any possible explanations for it?

--Mike

Michael Daw, e-Science Consultant
SVE Group (Supercomputing, Visualization and e-Science)

Manchester Computing, Kilburn Building,
University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PL, UK

Tel: +44 (0)161 275 7026
Fax: +44 (0)161 275 6800
E-mail: michael.daw at man.ac.uk

http://www.sve.man.ac.uk/General/Staff/daw