[AG-TECH] Venue Server stops responding

Randy Groves randy.groves at boeing.com
Mon Oct 13 15:45:44 CDT 2003

Anybody else having this problem?  I'm running a venue server here
internally, with a host certificate (generated with grid-cert-request
-host).  The server starts up fine, but some time passes, and I find that
it is no longer responding.  Clients that attempt to connect time
out.  Restarting the server takes care of this problem.  Whether they are
connected or not is not known.  Since there is no explicit setting of the
grid-proxy timeout, am I running into a timed-out grid proxy?  I installed
this certificate using the venue client identity cert import
utility.  Should I have used something else?

Of course, the venue server could be hanging for entirely different
reasons.  I have not perused the log files in detail at this point, but
cursory examination doesn't reveal anything obvious.

-randy