[AG-TECH] Patch to VideoConsumer.py

Frank Sweetser fs at WPI.EDU
Mon Oct 13 14:24:49 CDT 2003

On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 02:15:16PM -0500, Thomas D. Uram wrote:
> Hi Frank:
>
> I'll take the quality patch and probably roll it into the stock video
> producer.
>
> Can you describe the details of the crash you are fixing with the other
> change?  I'd like to understand that before applying it.

It's the problem again of an empty value getting into the port setting.  My
setup only has a single video device, that wasn't plugged in at the time, so
I *think* that there just wasn't anything to populate the pulldown list with.
As a result, it got left empty and wrote out a bogus .vic file.  This patch
just catches that case and prevents it from being fatal.

Frank Sweetser fs at wpi.edu
WPI Network Engineer