[AG-TECH] linux not recieving own vic stream

Jason Hill jahill at scl.ameslab.gov
Fri Oct 10 11:08:38 CDT 2003

Frank - are you seeing a vic window with all the other video streams in
the venue? I know that on our linux setup all the streams are muted on
the capture box - while the streams on the display box are displayed.

also - if you are executing the vic command by hand try using the -D
flag and specifying the device. I have had success with viewing a local
stream in a venue that way.

for example:

vic -D /dev/video2 address/port

Hope that helps.

-Jason

Jason Hill
jahill at scl.ameslab.gov
Scalable Computing Laboratory, Ames Laboratory
310 Wilhelm Hall
Ames, IA 50010