[AG-TECH] vic fact

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Nov 17 13:25:03 CST 2003

>Can somebody verify that the network admin was right?  If I got the wrong
>information, please help correcting it.

What is happening is that rat uses the same port number for the source port
and destination port, but vic uses a randomly-assigned port number for its
source port.

I've poked a little about changing this behavior in vic, but the
straightfoward fixes I've tried haven't changed it; looks like it'll be
more important as time goes on to get this taken care of - after SC perhaps
I'll try to take another stab at it.

--bob