[AG-TECH] LINUX vs Windows as a AG node Display system

Christoph Willing chris at vislab.usyd.edu.au
Sun Nov 9 21:38:15 CST 2003

Doug Baggett wrote:
> Sure. That would be great! We are ordering a new AGP 8x motherboard with
> the Matrox P750 triplehead card. I don't know about support for XFree86
> on the P750, I'l have to check it out. I am hoping that since it's AGP
> 8x and the mobo is 8x I might get some more performance out of it (more
> VIC windows). How do you handle things like DPPT? Just use VNC for linux?

This is a bit late, but you may be interested in an Open Office plugin
we have developed which is fully DPPT compatible. It works as master or
slave, available at
	http://www.ap-accessgrid.org/linux/dppt-oo

chris

--
Chris Willing                      Telephone   (61-2) 9351 3914
Sydney Vislab, F09                      Fax    (61-2) 9351 5955