[AG-TECH] AG2.0 RC1 Config/Installation problem

Rhys Hawkins rhys.hawkins at anu.edu.au
Mon May 26 10:49:04 CDT 2003

Hi,

I've been trying to get the AG2.0 RC1 going on a multiple machine config
and have been following instructions as per the document in CVS:
  AccessGrid/doc/Room-BasedNode-HOWTO.doc

And I have struck a problem. When I attempt to add the video or audio
machine using the ServiceManager->Add menu option I get an "Add Host
Failed" error message.

The display machine is running Windows 2000, and the video/audio
machines are running RedHat 8.0. On the display machine the
AGNodeService.py program prints out the following:

*** Method AddServiceManager exception *********************************
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"C:\AG2\Python22\Lib\site-packages\AccessGrid\hosting\pyGlobus\AGGSISOAP.py", line 3851, in do_POST
    fr = apply( f, args, {'_SOAPContext':c})
  File
"C:\AG2\Python22\Lib\site-packages\AccessGrid\hosting\AccessControl.py",
line 285, in __call__
    raise fault
faultType: <Fault : Service Manager is unreachable:
https://ag1-video.anu.edu.au:12000/ServiceManager>

I figure this indicates a badly setup AGServiceManager.py but I have not
been able to find the problem. On the video machine I have the following
installed:

[root at ag1-video Linux]# rpm --query globus-accessgrid gpt logging
pyGlobus-cvs PyIPC-20030428 pyOpenSSL wxGTK wxPythonGTK-py2.2
globus-accessgrid-2.0-1
gpt-1.0-2
logging-0.4.7-2
pyGlobus-cvs-4
PyIPC-20030428-1
pyOpenSSL-0.5.1-1
wxGTK-2.4.0-1
wxPythonGTK-py2.2-2.4.0.7-1

[root at ag1-video RPMs]# rpm --query AccessGrid AccessGrid-vic
AccessGrid-VideoProducer
AccessGrid-2.0RC-1
AccessGrid-vic-2.8ucl1.1.3-3
AccessGrid-VideoProducer-2.0RC-1

And here is the output from setting up the grid proxy and
AGServiceManager on the video machine.

[root at ag1-video AccessGrid]# grid-proxy-init -debug -cert
~/.globus/usercert.pem -key ~/.globus/userkey.pem
Files being used:
    cert_file: none
    cert_dir : /etc/grid-security/certificates
    proxy    : /tmp/x509up_u0
    user_cert: /root/.globus/usercert.pem
    user_key : /root/.globus/userkey.pem
Your identity: /O=Access
Grid/OU=agdev-ca.mcs.anl.gov/OU=anu.edu.au/CN=ANU ag1user
Enter GRID pass phrase for this identity:
Output to /tmp/x509up_u0
Creating proxy ...++++++++++++
.++++++++++++
 Done
Your proxy is valid until Mon May 26 23:46:34 2003

[root at ag1-video AccessGrid]# AGServiceManager.py --debug
Starting service; URI: https://ag1-video.anu.edu.au:12000/ServiceManager

I've also tried to ensure that the problems are not caused by some
network config problems. When the AGServiceManager.py is running on
the  video machine, I can telnet to it on port 12000 successfully but
it quits the session immediately. Also, if I run an echo server on
the video machine on port 12000, the NodeService connects to this ok
(ie I can see the NodeService connect but it gives the same error
message on the display machine) so I'm confident there are no silly
network issues.

The only additional thing is that the pyOpenSSL package clashes with the
one in Redhat 8.0 (pyOpenSSL-0.5.0.91-1) so I had install with --force
and manually remove the existing package. Is this a known issue?

Also, I assume that the document in CVS is in draft stage. Is there an
official or at least recommended install guide for a multi-computer
setup?

Cheers,
    Rhys

--