[AG-TECH] AG2.0 RC1 Installation

Maat, Steve maats at wssu.edu
Thu May 22 18:33:09 CDT 2003

Installed v2.0 RC1 yesterday on a mixed/multi-machine AG Node (RH7.3 &
Win2k).

Used information from the following documents as a guide:
http://scv.bu.edu/~jtvh/AGTk2/rc1.txt
http://hpcnc.cpe.ku.ac.th/moin/InstallingAccessGrid
http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/web-mail-archive/lists/ag-tech/2003/05/msg00097.
html

Had the problem mentioned earlier today where I could not switch rooms in
TVS and attributed it to something I did (nothing ever works the first time
- right?). It was getting late so I decided to troubleshoot later. Hopefully
the rebooting of TVS cleared my problems.

Anyway here are some comments/questions that maybe someone can shed some
light on and/or might be helpful to others...

0). I believe I saw somewhere that RH7.3 was supported/tested, etc for
v2.0RC1. However I had problems trying to install the prerequisite version
of the Python2 RPM linked to from the AG2.0 website. This version indicated
it was for RH8.0 and when trying to install it indicated a dependancy on
libc.so.6  (glibc3.2) and libdb.4.0 (Berkley DB support?). Since I verified
that I already had a version of Python2 loaded, and libc.so.6 was linked
somewhere, I skipped installing this version with the thinking that updating
gcc, glibc at this time was not a good idea. Is the version of Python2
important?

1). Had a problem with the order of installation of the AG rpms on the Audio
& Video machines. Received an error installing AccessGrid-2.0RC-1.i386.rpm
(something about processing the $pre commands/section - not exactly sure
since I do not have my notes), however trying to install the respective
services (Audio/rat or VideoProducer/vic) did not work since there appeared
to be a dependency on the AccessGrid-2.0RC-1 rpm. Putting all packages on
the same rpm install command line allowed the respective services (Audio/rat
or VideoProducer/vic) to install, however the AccessGrid-2.0RC-1 section
still produced that $pre error mentioned earlier, however I could now issue
the command to install just the AccessGrid-2.0RC-1 rpm.

2). I generated the globus key/cert request on just one machine. When I
received my cert back I then copied this (and the corresponding key) to the
appropriate directories on all nodes. Not sure if this is good form, but it
seemed to work. (Grid proxy init did not give any errors).

3). I do not have all my notes in front of me, but if I recall correctly,
the response I received from the proxy init indicated that it was valid for
only a short period of time. Is this normal? How often must the proxy be
updated?

4). A message is generated on the Audio & Display machines when running
AGServiceManager about looking for/needing to run SetupVideo.py.  I did not
install the VideoProducer on these nodes, so I don't think this file is
present. Do I need to be concerned? Can I configure the ServiceManager to
not look for SetupVideo.py on the Audio & Display machines?

5). My (and other) video streams did show up in the TVS lobby after starting
the VenueClient  : )  and each of my video streams showed the configured
label of Audience, Main, Presenter, etc.; however they all appeared to be
coming from ag at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (video capture machine IP address). How do I
configure the different streams to show my institution name instead of the
IP address?

6). Finally, something that's been bugging me in v1.x & now 2.0. How can I
scroll through all received streams in a venue on the display machine? I
know to use the number key to change the number of streams horizontally, but
how do I scroll/display them in the vertical direction?

Stephen Maat
WSSU