[AG-TECH] help with vic and rat startup - default settings

Jin Tian jintian at nlsde.buaa.edu.cn
Tue May 20 08:14:03 CDT 2003

Hi, Grzesiek Sedek:

  Default devide can set via "-D". I do not use winnt card. But here is some sample for osprey:
  vic -X framerate=25 -X quality=85 -X bandwidth=1000 -f h261 -X vfwHeight=288 -X vfwWidth=352 -X vfwBitCount=16 -X rtpNote="Prensent" -X transmitOnStartup=true -X sendOnly=true -X muteNewSources=true -D "o100vc.dll - Osprey Capture Card 2" -X cname="NLSDE" -X rtpEmail="admire" 239.8.8.1/8000

  The sample is based on a modified vic. But whatever it might help you.

======= At 2003-05-20, You wrote =======

>Yep, it's fine, but after a while of testing with vic ant tcl script for
>it I still don't seem to send a video to the network, all the settings
>seem to be fine ( transmit button pressed, frame rates and the rest )
>but video does not go out.
>Anyone have a already a script for wintv go card that is tested and
>running?
>Thank you.
>
>On Tue, 2003-05-20 at 00:25, Colin Perkins wrote:
>> Add "*audioInputMute: 0" into $HOME/.RATdefaults (or into the appropriate
>> part of the registry on Windows).
>>
>> Colin
>>

>> --> Grzesiek Sedek writes:
>> >Ok I've found how to do it for vic - still no luck with rat...
>> >Thanks for any pointers.
>> >
>> >http://www-mice.cs.ucl.ac.uk/multimedia/software/vic/faq.html#autotrans

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

  Best Wishes to u.

	Jin Tian(金天)
	PhD. Student
	Advance Network Technologies Group (Admire Group)
	http://www.nlsde.buaa.edu.cn/projects/admire/
	National Lab of Software Development Environment
	Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics
	P.B.: 2-83# 37 Xueyuan Road  Beijing 100083  P.R.China
	E.B.: jintian at nlsde.buaa.edu.cn
	P.N.: (86)(10)82338095(O)