[AG-TECH] Testing multicast connectivity...

John A. Greenfield green at hpc.unm.edu
Tue May 20 17:12:46 CDT 2003

Richard,

I've seen the same thing periodically over the past couple of years, both
for my site and for other people we collaborate with.
Usually, we have the beacon working, and not other addresses. I have
suspected that routers somewhere were not updating correctly, but have
never been able to pin anything down.

John

On Tue, 20 May 2003, Richard Coffey wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> As of late, I've noticed problems with individual multicast addresses
> working. The beaconserver's address seems to indicate that we cannot send,
> yet I've gone into the test room and successfully collaborated. Also, people
> cannot see me in a particular room, but in other rooms they can, and vice
> versa.
>
> We're not running tight ACL's on our routers, so it's not that. Thoughts?
>
> -Richard

John Greenfield
green at hpc.unm.edu
University of New Mexico