[AG-TECH] Grid Certificates

Christoph Willing chris at vislab.usyd.edu.au
Sun May 18 19:50:44 CDT 2003

Bob,

Will this be addressed in the short term? I've been testing with RH9, so
of course I have the same problem. I'm sure others will be wanting to
run most recent versions of their favourite distributions as they're
updated (NOT that RH is my favourite by any means!) and this
incompatibility in pyOpenSSL packages will come up again & again.

The pyOpenSSL in my RH9 is 0.5.1-8, whereas version on AG2 site is
0.5.1-1. Trying to work backward (to 0.5.1-1) results in the usual
dependency hell.

chris

On Fri, 2003-05-16 at 21:33, Robert Olson wrote:
> does debian come with its own copy of pyOpenSSL installed? (I've found that
> RH9 does, and it doesn't have the additional methods that I added to it,
> get_hash being one of those).
>
> --bob

[snip]
> >I see. I've got AG2.0(RC1) up & running now. But it seems only working
> >with RedHat 7.3 Linux machine, when I tried to run it in my Debian
> >GNU/Linux, the VenueClient.py hangs with:
> >
> >Traceback (most recent call last):
> >     File "/usr/bin/VenueClient.py", line 1154, in ?
[snip]

--
Chris Willing                      Telephone   (61-2) 9351 3914
VisLab, A28                        Facsimile   (61-2) 9351 7726