[AG-TECH] AG2.0 Vic sources changed?

Eric Olson eolson at mcs.anl.gov
Thu May 15 13:16:27 CDT 2003

Hi Randy,

Here is a newly built rpm that hasn't been linked on the web page yet.

http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/fl/research/accessgrid/software/required/RPMS/AccessGrid-vic-2.8ucl1.1.3-3.i386.rpm

The new build has changes that allow quickcam's to work with linux vic
(assuming you've gotten your quickcam to work in linux already, i.e. it
works with an application such as xawtv).
It is also built on a compiler other than gcc 2.96 to allow vic to encode
correctly in linux.  The quickcam related changes come from the
modifications on Asia Pacific AG's web page -- thanks!

To note the difference, this is an optimized build unlike the version
1.1.3-2 posted in response to George's earlier e-mail -- which also didn't
have the quickcam changes.

I'm not sure about the source rpm link on the web page.  I'll ask someone
about that.  If you need the source, it is also available in cvs as
"ag-vic".

Eric