[AG-TECH] Problems with Windows 2000

Golby, David (UK) david.golby at baesystems.com
Wed May 14 06:04:31 CDT 2003

	Hi

	We are currrently having problems with AG2.0 Release Candidate 1
under Windows 2000.  We are using a single PC for our preliminary work and
have installed all of the pre-requisite components and the AG software
without any problems.  The Globus certificates are generated by our local
company grid authority and work fine for usual Globus application work.  The
various AG components such as the Node Service, Venue Server etc seem to
start up without any problems when they are activated from the Windows Start
menu, however, it has so far been impossible to get any of them to
communicate with each other.

	For example, starting the Venue Server from the Windows toolbar
activates a DOS prompt window with a message displaying its URL. The
VenueManagement app is then started and the URL of the VenueServer is used
to connect to the VenueServer.  At this point we get an invalid URL reply.

	Similar problems occur when attempting to activate the Node Service
manager GUI from the Venue Client.  Here the messages on the console window
suggest that the Node Service, Service manager etc are being activated
correctly by VenueClient on start up.  Clicking on the  "My Node/Manage.."
button generates an invalid URL response as well.

	We're using the standard URLs which work successfully with a Linux
installation of AG2.0 RC1.

	Our best guess at present is that the components probably do connect
to each other but that the response that comes back is invalid/incorrect,
causing the above messages.

	Any ideas or suggestions for resolving this problem would be
appreciated.  Apologies in advance if this has already been addressed in

David Golby
BAE SYSTEMS
Advanced Technology Centre, Sowerby
Filton