[AG-TECH] Sony EVID-100 RS232 control

Andrew Daviel advax at triumf.ca
Sat Mar 22 04:10:39 CST 2003

FYI, I made a version of the devserv v1.2 server to control
the Sony EVID-100 as well as the EVID-30.

I haven't packaged it up; mail me if interested.

Basically, it's the same except it has a 40:1 zoom range
(10:1 optical + 4:1 digital), and the scaling factor is
32767 full-scale instead of 1023. I made a separate camera
module rather than adding conditionals.

It works with the camclnt Java client, though it's a bit weird -
the client assumes a 12:1 maximum zoom range for the slider
but will allow the cursor to go off the end.

I also found a command-line program and API to control a single
EVID-30 by Thomas Moeslund & Stéphane Gourichon,
but the demo client doesn't have zoom control.
I think there are other functions e.g. iris control, programming
of presets that are in neither software, but are probably in
the commercial VISCA controllers. I don't think we can afford those,
though.

regards

--
Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF, Canada