[AG-TECH] AXIS Video Servers

zaluzec at aaem.amc.anl.gov zaluzec at aaem.amc.anl.gov
Wed Mar 12 17:20:16 CST 2003

G'day Duncan.

It's been a long time since we touched base.

I've been known to  occassional run some EM
vidoe connections over the AG.

The Axis  boxes do streaming jpeg, they are not
directly compatible with the AG and VIC.

You can show a WWW page on a AG node and
then share that WWW site, but I doubt if that
is what you want to do.

What I do to put EM images upon the AG
is to T off the Video line and then run a
connection to a Linux box with a
Frame Grabber card,  is running
VIC and send that stream.

The image resolution is worse since
VIC generally is downsampling, but you can get the images across.

Also VIC distorts the images as the ascpect ratio is designed
for  CIF  which  has  rectangular pixels not the square
ones that we generally use. So don't try to do any
quantitative imaging. It will be all screwed up.
The simple test here is to draw a square box on a piece
of paper and hold it up to your video feed. When
you view this in a VIC window it will be rectangular.

Cheers...

Nestor

>Hi folks,
>
>We have a number of AXIS 2400 Video Servers ( www.axis.com) in operation
>for delivering video to the web via jpeg push or via javascript.
>
>	http://www.uq.edu.au/nanoworld/online.html
>
>Does anyone know if there is a way to get video streaming from these
>units to appear on the AG?
>
>Sincerely,
>
>Duncan
>

>--
>Duncan Waddell
>Principal Scientific Officer
>Centre for Microscopy and Microanalysis
>The University of Queensland, St. Lucia, Qld, 4072 Australia
>Telephone:      +61-7-3365-4216
>Facsimile:      +61-7-3365-1775
>WWW:            http://www.uq.edu.au/nanoworld/nanohome.html
>         Any opinion expressed is that of the writer,
>  and not necessarily that of the CMM or of the University.

Dr. Nestor J. Zaluzec
Argonne National Lab
MSD / Bldg 212
9700 S. Cass Ave
Argonne, Illinois 60439 USA
Tel: 630-252-7901,  Fax: 630-252-4289
Email: Zaluzec at aaem.amc.anl.gov
TPMLab: http://tpm.amc.anl.gov
MMSite: http://www.amc.anl.gov

The box said ...
"This program requires Win 2K/XP or better..."
So I bought a G3 Mac !