[AG-TECH] ports used by vic and rat? and how to use a bridge?

Andrew Shewmaker shewa at inel.gov
Fri Mar 7 12:44:22 CST 2003

On Fri, 07 Mar 2003 14:22:43 +0800
Shen Huapin <shp at netease.com> wrote:

> Which ports are uesed by vic and rat?
> on which ports do they send and recv data?
> what setting should I do on the firewall.

Search the archives for "Network Flow Diagrams" and you will find
a list of most of the ports used by the AG software.  Chris Osland
<C.D.Osland at rl.ac.uk> is maintaining the document.

The short answer is that vic and rat use pairs of ports for
control and data and some rooms use ports as low as 12000
according to the vv.dat file included with the QuickBridge software.

> how to use a unicast to multicast bridge?

There is documentation on the AG website.  Specifically,
http://www.accessgrid.org/agdp/howto/quickbridge.html

-Andrew

--
Andrew Shewmaker
Associate Engineer

Idaho National Engineering and Environmental Laboratory
2525 Fremont Ave.
Idaho Falls, ID 83415-3605