[AG-TECH] contribution to QuickBridge
tlehman at east.isi.edu
Wed Jun 11 02:52:08 CDT 2003
I intended for my code to have an open BSD style license. Not sure about
Stephen Booth or Access Grid in general.
Below is my generic license statement. If this in anyway conflicts with
Access Grid copyright policy, then I would default to their license
statements for QuickBridge releases.
* Copyright (c) 1997-2003
* Thomas w. Lehman. All rights reserved.
* Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
* modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
* are met:
* 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
* documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
* THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED
* WARRANTIES,INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED
* WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
* PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL COPYRIGHTEE
* BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL,
* EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT
* LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES;
* LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION)
* HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER
* IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE
* OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS
* SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
> -----Original Message-----
> From: owner-ag-tech at mcs.anl.gov [mailto:owner-ag-tech at mcs.anl.gov]On
> Behalf Of shudo at ni.aist.go.jp
> Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2003 4:54 AM
> To: ag-tech at mcs.anl.gov
> Subject: [AG-TECH] contribution to QuickBridge
> Dear all,
> I have modified source code of QuickBridge to combine broadcast
> domains (subnets) into a single multicast domain. In other words, the
> modified QuickBridge can join a multicast group and have several
> unicast peers (other QuickBridges) at the same time and then forward
> multicast traffic between several subnets.
> I want to return the modified code to the AG community, but
> distributing it by myself is not a good way and may not be allowed by
> license. Conditions of license and intellectual properties seem not to
> be clear. Can anyone make them clear and give us any suggestions on
> how to contribute for QuickBridge?
> There are two names of contributors to QuickBridge in the source code,
> Tom Lehman (ISI) and Stephen Booth (EPCC).
> The former is the original writer of the `mboneuctomcgw' which is the
> base of QuickBridge and the source code says that the latter has
> re-written it heavily. Are they the only contributors (possible
> copyright holders) to QuickBridge?
> If so, do you (especially Lehman and Booth) think it's good thing to
> give us license statements of QuickBridge?
> Kazuyuki Shudo
> Grid Technology Research Center
> National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST)
More information about the ag-tech