[AG-TECH] AGTk Development: Can a Shared Application Run on a PC without a Venue Client?

Allan Spale aspale at evl.uic.edu
Wed Jun 4 11:47:35 CDT 2003

Justin,

Would it not be simpler to create a service (this is more of a
prove-why-I-am-wrong question rather than questioning your work and
approach)?  The shared application I need uses venue data (which makes it
usage as a shared application more obvious), but there is not any
collaboration using event channels (which seems to make its usage as a
shared application less obvious).  Having an AG service would just involve
implementing start, stop, configrure, and any other method that may be
relevant to the viewer because I do not programmatically manipulate the
viewer (as in SharedPresentation with going to next slide, going to
previous slide, etc.).  So, why would my viewer still be best implemented
as a shared application rather than a service?

Thanks for your patience.

Allan