[AG-TECH] Multiple Hauppauge cards

Kabe VanderBaan kabev at labs.mot.com
Wed Jul 30 11:34:07 CDT 2003

All,
I am using a Dell Optiplex GX150 and trying to install 4 hauppauge cards under Linux.
   However, only 2 cards are being recognized.
I already updated the Bios to the most recent version (A10).

The archives on AG-TECH seem to all point to upgrading the BIOS.  But this did not
solve my problem.

1) Is anyone successfully using a GX150 under Linux w/more than 2 Cards? (Hauppauge
or Osprey, etc).
2) Does anyone have any ideas/pointers on how to solve this problem?

I am trying to install the AG 1.0 software to do some testing.
Steps:
1) install redhat 9.0
2) install ag-tech rpms from
http://ag-tech.mcs.anl.gov/reldb/repository/releases/agib/snapshots/snap-006/
3) execute /usr/local/ag/bin/video-config

(video-config only recognizes 2 cards being installed.

Thanks,
Kabe
--
Kabe VanderBaan, Senior Research Engineer
Networks and Infrastructure Research, Motorola Labs