[AG-TECH] Echo canceller

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Jul 18 09:21:44 CDT 2003

On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 11:52:29PM +0100, Osland, CD (Chris)  wrote:

> Do all you can to get the money for the Gentner.  The AP 800
> cost us about 1.5 times the cost of a single projector, so I
> guess the XAP 800 would be about 2 times.
>
> Well worth it.
>
> Realise that to a first approximation if you have poor echo
> cancellation - e.g. on a whole room basis, not mic by mic,
> the only people who will not be inconvenienced are yourselves -
> everyone else in every meeting you're in will bear the grief!

I'm curious -- wouldn't it be practical, for a small site
that couldn't afford a Gentner, just to do away with ambient
microphones and equip all meeting participants with
low-gain headset mikes?  It'd be a little clunky, but
probably not too uncomfortable if the participants
didn't move around too much, so their wires wouldn't
get tangled.

    Stuart Levy